1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding Bluetooth To My PC

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Davidlaw69, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Davidlaw69

Davidlaw69 Thread Starter

Hi. all,

I have a Lenovo 450e desktop computer. I want to use bluetooth to link it to a Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker. I didn't see bluertooth on the computer, so I downloaded the drivers from Lenovo. First I tried a Realtek bluetooth driver. The computer did not recognize the SoundLink. So I tried the other driver Lenovo offered, a Qualcom bluetooth driver. Still no luck. Can anyone offer any technical advice on how to achieve my goal?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm guessing you actually have a Lenovo IdeaCentre K450e Desktop PC which comes with Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Does your desktop actually have a bluetooth device?

What's the exact description of the devices in the "Network Adapters" heading in the Device Manager?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Davidlaw69

The only device in the Network Adapters heading in the device manager is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Is there an "Other Devices" or "Unknown Devices" heading in the Device Manager?
    If there is, advise the exact description of the device(s) listed there.

If there isn't, and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is the only entry in the "Network Adapters" heading, that means your desktop only has a wired ethernet device and does NOT have a wireless device or a bluetooth device.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You have to buy a Bluetooth adapter. A physical device.

6. Davidlaw69

I bought a plugable bluetooth USB adapter. But I am not getting sound from my PC to my Bose SoundLink Mini. Two questions:

1. My goal is to stream music from an Internet music service to my Bose SoundLink mini from my PC instead of from my phone. Is this doable using Bluetooth?

2. My computer saus I have Realtek Bluetooth 4.o adapter, AV Remote Target Service, Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB device, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator. Do I need to remove any of these?

Thanks.

7. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Make sure the Bluetooth in Windows is active and on. Should be able to connect to other Bluetooth devices.

8. Davidlaw69

OK, I have gotten it to connect to the wireless speaker. Now the million dollar question: is there a way to get the music to play from my PC speakers simultaneously with the wireless speaker? Right now it seems I can only choose one or the other.

9. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

I would expect to pick. Why listen on the computer if the sound is coming through external speakers?

10. Davidlaw69

Because I would like to listen on the first floor of my house as well as the second floor (where the computer is located).

11. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

No idea. Generally when using an external speaker, the internal speaker is disabled. Would suggest a more advanced speaker system. Otherwise maybe someone else has an idea.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice