1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding email account computer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Montessori247, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Montessori247

Montessori247 Thread Starter

Good day!
    I have a new webmail email account.
    I would like to add it to my computer so that I can access emails from my computer.
    Is there someone who could talk me through this process?

Thanks!
    N. Seale

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    1. launch a browser
    2. in the address bar of the browser type the url of the mail service (e.g., outlook.com)
    3. login to your account

3. Montessori247

Montessori247 Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.
    Is there a way to access this account without having to sign-in? That is- in the same way that I am able to sign into gmail? (if that makes sense?)

4. britekguy

britekguy

How are you accessing your Gmail? Are you using their webmail interface or an e-mail client like Outlook, the Win10 Mail App, or Thunderbird?

It's unclear to me what you're asking, as if you're using an e-mail client when you set up the account you typically supply the password the client uses to log you in automatically when it starts. If you're using a browser and webmail, you should be able to remain logged in until you log out provided you do not clear cookies on exit from your browser. If you do clear cookies, you also clear your login record.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No. Or, if it is possible I strongly suggest that you ditch that account immediately, as it would be the only mail service that does not have at least minimal security. You can, as stated in the previous post, depending on the service, your email client or browser and cookies and settings, remain signed in for long periods of time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice