1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding Multiple IP Address to the Same NIC CARd

Discussion in 'Networking' started by techquery, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techquery

techquery Thread Starter

Hi All,

Tried the following scenario but facing some issues:

1) Install Windows 2000 server/ Windows 2003 server.
    2) Go to Network Connection and assign IP addres to the system.
    3) Now after assigning one IP address, click on "Advanced" button in the Internet Protocal(TCP/IP) Properties window and add one or two Ip address to the same NIC.
    4) Now save the configuration, and check for the ip address of the system, it will show three ip address for the same system(same NIC).
    5) I have IIS and few applications insatlled.
    6) WHen i try to access the applications using the IP address only one IP resposnds the other two gives me "page not displayed".

Tried avrious things but nothing worked out.Could anyone give me a solution

2. blin

blin

Can you ping it by ip? If not, I would check the firewall first.

3. techquery

techquery Thread Starter

Hi Blin,

I can ping to those IP address.Firewall is not enabled.For example:

a) One more thing, i found one more observation, Each time when i browse i am able to access the appilcation with different IP, it keeps changing .

For ex: if ips are 1.1.1.1,1.1.1.2,1.1.1.3, if once i am able to access using 1.1.1.1 then next time it might be with 1.1.1.2, but at a time i can browse using only one IP.

No one in my team is able to sort out this issue, it will be great if anyone could help me out with this.

I am continuning with my R&D, let see how this can be sorted out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/385158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice