adding my old dvd drive to my new......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Joel

Got a Dell dimension p4,windows xp, came with a 24x cd burner. My old computer is a Gateway p2 win98 which has a dvd drive.. I want to add the dvd drive to the new one.. any advise.. one question is the software that plays the movies.... It's most likely on the old gateway discs which i still have.... would installing that software be the best way to go.... basically I'm looking for as much advise on making this swap and I can get before I go ahead and do this.... thanks Joel

I am 99% sure that xp has it's own dvd software and about 100% sure that the one version you have probably won't run in xp.

I would just hook up the drive and see what happens.

Worse comes to worse you can just remove it through add remove hard ware or find a compatible dvd player.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online