1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding Partitions using Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coburnca, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coburnca

coburnca Thread Starter

I just received my new Dell 4300 system with Windows XP and other software pre installed. I'm trying to partition the hard drive following the disk management wizard. I'm logged on as the administrator. My problem with the help instructions is when it says in step 3, "Right click an unallocated region of a basic disk, and then click New Partition, or right click free space...". I have no clue where I should be clicking. I've tried all the areas on the screen at that point but nothing seems to work. Is this an XP bug or am I just messing up?:confused:

2. angel

angel

You'll need to resize your current partition to be able to create another because your current one is using the entire drive. You'll need a utility such as PartitionMagic to do this...

3. coburnca

coburnca Thread Starter

Thanks Angel. That's not bad - getting a reply in about 30 seconds. I couldn't even type the reply that fast. I can see why you're called Angel. Thanks for the quick reply.;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice