Adding Partitions using Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coburnca

I just received my new Dell 4300 system with Windows XP and other software pre installed. I'm trying to partition the hard drive following the disk management wizard. I'm logged on as the administrator. My problem with the help instructions is when it says in step 3, "Right click an unallocated region of a basic disk, and then click New Partition, or right click free space...". I have no clue where I should be clicking. I've tried all the areas on the screen at that point but nothing seems to work. Is this an XP bug or am I just messing up?:confused:

You'll need to resize your current partition to be able to create another because your current one is using the entire drive. You'll need a utility such as PartitionMagic to do this...

coburnca

Thanks Angel. That's not bad - getting a reply in about 30 seconds. I couldn't even type the reply that fast. I can see why you're called Angel. Thanks for the quick reply.;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online