1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding PCI Video to Packard Bell

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robert2513, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert2513

robert2513 Thread Starter

Hi.
    I have a computer that I am currently upgrading. Here is what it is and what is in it:

Packard Bell Legend 836CDT
    PB600 Motherboard with onboard Video (Cirrus Logic Alpine GD5430)
    96 MB Memory
    400 Mhz AMD Processor (Powerleap Upgrade)
    27 GB Maxtor Hard Drive
    USB 2.0 PCI Card
    Windows 98SE

I will be adding:
    Creative SoundBlaster AWE64
    10/100 ISA Ethernet Card

I have run into a problem adding a new video card. I want to add a new Pine SIS 305 32MB PCI card. Whenever I insert it into the PCI slot and turn on the computer, there is no display and the computer begins to boot and stops. If I take the card out and connect the cable to the onboard video, it boots normally and there is a display. I have looked though the BIOS but did not see a way to disable the onboard video. I have read that when a new video card is installed, the onboard video will automatically disable itself.

I have tested the card in another computer and the card works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for my problem? Could it be that the video card is "too much" for the computer to handle?

Thanks in advance for any help. :D

2. bowmar

bowmar

3. zeddy

zeddy

Is this a repeat post?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/138171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice