1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding programs to windows startup?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by undercoveR/T, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. undercoveR/T

undercoveR/T Thread Starter

I just posted a problem with spyware in another thread. I got pointed to Microsoft antispyware by a member called replay. Anyway, the program works great, I just want to know how to add it to windows start up. I am suprised Microsoft didn't have this feature in the options. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

2. Crack

Crack

The easiest way is to drag the exe file to the startup folder. Its at start\program files\startup.

3. undercoveR/T

Can it be a shortcut or does it need to be the exe file?

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

A shortcut is fine.

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

For that particular program, you could just have the real-time protection to start each time you start your computer. This can be configured from the program itself. This as well as the AutoUpdater. Just go to Options / Settings.

6. undercoveR/T

Excellent...thanks to all. I didn't see those settings when I was tinkering around with the program. But I was unable to put it in the startup folder... I am on a network, and I have an 'all user' 'administrator' 'my username' and a 'system config' startup folder, so I was a bit confused. Got it figured out now, thanks to all for helping me, flame free. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!