Adding programs to windows startup?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

undercoveR/T

I just posted a problem with spyware in another thread. I got pointed to Microsoft antispyware by a member called replay. Anyway, the program works great, I just want to know how to add it to windows start up. I am suprised Microsoft didn't have this feature in the options. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

The easiest way is to drag the exe file to the startup folder. Its at start\program files\startup.

For that particular program, you could just have the real-time protection to start each time you start your computer. This can be configured from the program itself. This as well as the AutoUpdater. Just go to Options / Settings.

undercoveR/T

Bob Cerelli said:
For that particular program, you could just have the real-time protection to start each time you start your computer. This can be configured from the program itself. This as well as the AutoUpdater. Just go to Options / Settings.
Excellent...thanks to all. I didn't see those settings when I was tinkering around with the program. But I was unable to put it in the startup folder... I am on a network, and I have an 'all user' 'administrator' 'my username' and a 'system config' startup folder, so I was a bit confused. Got it figured out now, thanks to all for helping me, flame free. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online