Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adding recycle bin to external drive

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Is there a way of adding a recycle bin to an external drive, as in a system drive, to easily recover an accidentally deleted file. Operating system Windows 10 home.

#9 ·
Alternatively, you can do the same thing using the recycle bin. To accomplish this, just right click any file on any drive and select delete. All said files deleted will reside in the recycle bin until the recycle bin is emptied or cleaned by some 3rd party app junk file remover like Ccleaner or System Ninja.

#16 ·
Thank you. I accessed properties by right clicking the desktop icon, I have now tried to access via the recycle bin folder in explorer, and that shows the information for all drives as you indicated. I selected the drive I want to recover files from and clicked apply but nothing happened, the same clicking OK. I went to the drive I had selected but no sign of a recycle bin – how do I proceed? The files I am trying to recover are ones that I can no longer find on the drive, so presumably have been accidentally deleted, so "deleting" to a special folder would not be the solution.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191007181855.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (75 GB Free); D: 465 GB (121 GB Free); G: 736 GB (311 GB Free); H: 195 GB (116 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI G41M-P28 (MS-7592), ver 5.0, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver 7592MS - 20110809, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#17 ·
That is a tough situation. If you accidentally deleted them and haven't done much on the pc since you have a "fighting chance" to recover them using Recovery software.
Recuva is free and GetDataBack is not, but this is a trial version I am leading you to that is fully functional and if you see it can get the files back as it is better than Recuva, then if you know it works you can buy it if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.