Adding shortcut toolbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sandrajn

We have two users on our computer. On one user, I was able to install a toolbar of favorite shortcuts...down at the bottom just to the right of the start button.
BUT, I can't remember how I did it, and I want to add it to the screen for the second user, but I don't know how anymore.
Can you help? Sandra

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,24330,2430285,00.html
So, we're going to make your own toolbar for quick access to all the stuff on your computer. Here's how you do it:

1. Create a new folder on your hard drive (easiest to find if it's on the desktop) and name it something like "My Toolbar."

2. Right click on the start button, and click on Open.

3. Go to the Programs group (folder).

4. Open your "My Toolbar" folder into a second Explorer window. You should now have two-- one with Programs, and one, empty, "My Toolbar."

5. Find the program group (say, Games) that you want the toolbar for, and copy all the shortcuts into your empty "My Toolbar" folder.

6. Right-click on the taskbar, and choose New, Toolbar.

7. When the Explorer window comes up, point to your "My Toolbar" folder. Now you have a new toolbar.

8. Customize it! Drag your toolbar to the desktop (top, side, wherever you want it). Resize it 'till you can only see the icons in the folder.

9. Right-click on the sizing handle once your toolbar is in place. Uncheck "Show Text" and "Show Title."

I have found this very handy, and have toolbars on every side of my screen parked with icons, so I can launch anything right from there."
Hope this helps

:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online