1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding Sound to web page

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by hales, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hales

hales Thread Starter

I know how to add a background sound to a web page, however I'm not sure how to make this available upon clicking on a hyperlink.

Let me explain what I am trying to do because I am probably going about this the wrong way. I have a songs page on my website with bookmarks that take you to a particular song of your choice where the words are listed. I would like to include a link or a button alongside this so the tune can be played.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rockn

Rockn

It will have to be downloaded regardless unless you have a server that can stream the particular media you are playing. In general they will play on the end users PC if they have the application to play it with.

You can do it this way as well and the player will be on the web page with a start and stop button.

EMBED SRC="filename" WIDTH="pixels" HEIGHT="pixels" AUTOPLAY="false" CONTROLLER="true" CACHE="true" TYPE="audio/whatever" ALIGN="BOTTOM"

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Or create a text file called "something.m3u" with Notepad. Put the filename of the song to be played in the text file. Upload the songs and the m3u files, then use a normal link to the m3u file to play the song.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!