Adding speakers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alexb123

Hi All

I already have my computer linked up to my Stereo but I don't always want the computer to play on the Stereo. It would be great if I could have some speakers that always play from the computer but I could still switch over to have the computer playing on the Stereo when I wanted.

I hope I have explained that Ok.

Any advice on how I could do this would be great.

Thanks

Alex

How are you currently attaching the speakers?
Is it just a simple "stereo out" from the computer? or do you have a more elaborate (surround sound) setup?

A 4 channel sound card (and some on-board motherboard builds) allows 2 sets of speakers to be attached.If all you are looking for is a simple 2 sets of stereo speakers,it may already do that.One is connected to the "Speaker out" and the other to the "Line-in",then it uses volume controls for "Front" and "Back" speakers.

Alexb123

Hi Thanks for the welcome and the advice I'm not even sure what the card is I will have to check with my mate who built it. Thanks again.

Alex

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online