1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding Title tag to auto save from DOCX to HTML

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by edsager, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edsager

edsager Thread Starter

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I'm confused by what you are asking for

Rollin

3. edsager

edsager Thread Starter

I am creating HTML files so that my indexing software can index the files and allow for a search to highlight and automatically jump to the first search result found. The indexing software can only do the highlight and automatic jump with HTML files.

As part of the indexing algorithm, the indexing software uses the titles of the HTML files to find matching documents and the search results show the title of the HTML file.

After I convert to HTML and index the DOCX files, and then perform a search, the results come back with "No Title" as the title. Obviously, the document does not have the HTML tag, "Title" completed after the DOCX to HTML conversion.

With the conversion to HTML, I noticed that XML files are also created for the formatting, styles, etc. to keep the look and structure of the DOCX file in the HTML file. As a result, I was thinking that there might be a way to get in the macro code a command which will save an HTML "Title" tag so that the converted document will have an HTML "Title," and thus be recognizable by the indexing software.

Basically, I want more information saved about the document when it is converted from DOCX to HTML.

Does this explain better what I am trying to do?

Thank you,
    edsager

4. gyclone

gyclone

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice