Adding to 'Save In'

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Big_Al

Hi

An unusual problem - but perhaps you guys can help.

I am trying to add playlists to folders of MP3 files. The files are stored on my external drive. To create the playlist I open the appropraiae folder, select all files and drag them to WMP now playing list. Then click on downward pointing triangle and select Save Playlist As from Menu.

This is where the fun starts. To save this playlist back into the directory that the files came from requires 7 or 8 selections and mouse clicks. Unfortunately, I have several hundred of these to do!

When I get to the Save As dialogue box, by default it seems to offer the location My Playlists. Is it possible to alter this default location? IF I could set this to the parent directory which contains all my MP3 folders, this would save me an awful lot of time and innumerable mouse clicks.

Alternatively, at the left hand side of the Save As dialogue there are several options offered, My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents etc. If I could add the parent directory which contains all my MP3 folders, this would also serve to save me an awful lot of time and innumerable mouse clicks.

I did try adding a shortcut to the parent directory which contains all my MP3 folders to the Desktop, hoping that I could get to this by selecting Desktop from the options on the left of the Save As dialogue - but that didn't work. When I selected Desktop my directory didn't appear. If I changed the Save as type from Windows Play List to Any file it would appear, but if I click on the folder it changes the File name in the Save as dialogue to the name of the folder instead of opening the folder - not very helpful.

The frustrating part of this is that this procedure would have been an absolute doddle on my old machine, a StrongArm Risc PC, using RISC OS, a mch maligned operating system.

If anyone can suggest a way of solving this problem they will have my eternal gratitude.

Alan Shelton

Big_Al

Hi Stanley

Thanks for that. Just perfect - exactly what I needed.

Alan Shelton

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online