1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding to 'Save In'

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Big_Al, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big_Al

Big_Al Thread Starter

Hi

An unusual problem - but perhaps you guys can help.

I am trying to add playlists to folders of MP3 files. The files are stored on my external drive. To create the playlist I open the appropraiae folder, select all files and drag them to WMP now playing list. Then click on downward pointing triangle and select Save Playlist As from Menu.

This is where the fun starts. To save this playlist back into the directory that the files came from requires 7 or 8 selections and mouse clicks. Unfortunately, I have several hundred of these to do!

When I get to the Save As dialogue box, by default it seems to offer the location My Playlists. Is it possible to alter this default location? IF I could set this to the parent directory which contains all my MP3 folders, this would save me an awful lot of time and innumerable mouse clicks.

Alternatively, at the left hand side of the Save As dialogue there are several options offered, My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents etc. If I could add the parent directory which contains all my MP3 folders, this would also serve to save me an awful lot of time and innumerable mouse clicks.

I did try adding a shortcut to the parent directory which contains all my MP3 folders to the Desktop, hoping that I could get to this by selecting Desktop from the options on the left of the Save As dialogue - but that didn't work. When I selected Desktop my directory didn't appear. If I changed the Save as type from Windows Play List to Any file it would appear, but if I click on the folder it changes the File name in the Save as dialogue to the name of the folder instead of opening the folder - not very helpful.

The frustrating part of this is that this procedure would have been an absolute doddle on my old machine, a StrongArm Risc PC, using RISC OS, a mch maligned operating system.

If anyone can suggest a way of solving this problem they will have my eternal gratitude.

Alan Shelton

2. stantley

stantley

Get PlacesBar Tweaker (freeware), it will allow to modify the Save As dialog box.

3. Big_Al

Big_Al Thread Starter

Hi Stanley

Thanks for that. Just perfect - exactly what I needed.

Alan Shelton

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice