Adding Too Much Memory,is That Possible?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sharky

my machine calls for a max. of 256mb

i have only 2 slots available which are filled with a 32mb and a 64mb.

the local store is having a special sale for 256mb memory chips. priced lower than the 128mb and 64mb chips.

can i fill one of replace one of my slots with a 256mb ? bringing my total memory well over the 256mb?

(ps the 64mb was a memory chip i had installed months ago to go with the 32mb already installed by the factory)

Depends on the motherboard. It may only support 128max dimms, and I would think with the 256max that that is the case.

sharky

how can i determine my motherboard's max. capacity?

its an LG computer from kmart

No clue, the memory won't damage your machine, if it's too large it just won't work. If the retailer allows returns you could try it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online