1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding Windows XP SP2 Language Pack

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yoniby, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yoniby

yoniby Thread Starter

My problem is that I can't read/write in Hebrew on Windows applications (non-Unicode).

The problem is that i'm using a "special" version of WINXP SP2, that came without the language pack. I Have an original copy of full WINXP, and i'm looking for a way to add the language pack from it.

I tried following instructions on how to add Hebrew via the Control Pannel Regional Settings, but it didn't work. It returned an error msg reporting "The installation could not be complete. Please contact the administrator".

Can someone help?

Any help will be apprecitated.

Thanks.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can't change the Windows native language with a repair, you need a clean install.

4. yoniby

yoniby Thread Starter

thx for ur reply.

I'm not looking to change Windows native language, only to add hebrew support for none uni-code programs. All I need is to know how can I had the language pack that i have on cd to my current Windows version, without re-installing Win.

thx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/413496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice