Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Additional GPU on Intel Core i3

648 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone !

I am a new user. I recently bought a new desktop and I am seeking your advice on something. The desktop I bought is the Packard bell bare-bone PC win an Intel core i3 3240 processor. (http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/PACKAR...-PC/316290/307) The built in graphics card is abysmal so I am thinking of buying an additional one. My question is: IS this desktop able to support it ? The case only has some USB ports behind so I wonder if and how I will be able to connect it. Any ideas ?

#2 ·
If you're wanting to upgrade that desktop's integrated graphics to a video card, you need to make sure its power supply can handle it.

The link that you provided doesn't show anything about what brand/model/wattage power supply is in it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Ideally...MOST bare bones PSU's are ABSOLUTE JUNK and WILL NOT handle a GPU . YOu need to take the case panel OFF of the tower and locate the label on the PSU and give us the exact make and model number and the +12V rail Amerage.

#4 ·
Hi everyone !

Thanks for your responses. The technical details of the product are listed here :
http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/model/DT.U7HEK.050
Apparently there exists a PCIe x 16 slot so I CAN add a GPU there.
On the power supply... the specs are very secretive...
So I guess chance are they do underperform there.
I will have to send an e-mail to Packard Bell to ask about it
Thanks again guys !

#5 ·
None of the reviews say anything about upgrading to a video card nor anything about the power supply.

If your intent is to install a video card so you can use that computer for gaming or anything else that's real system-hungry, you probably bought the wrong computer.

------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.