Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Additional hardware add-on

845 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ariesjill 
#1 ·
:confused: My computer is a DELL XPS400/1Gb memory/256Mb video memory operating Windows XP Pro 2005 MCE. I am currently using a Brother All-In-One MFC-5840CN. My son bought an Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed scanner so that he can scan slides and negatives. Is it necessary to load the software that came with the Epson? Can I use the Brother scanner driver, will it work? The way I've always understood it was that all you need is a twain compliant driver, which is on the Epson CD as Arc-Soft Photoimpression. I just don't want to cause a problem since the computer is running so well. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Angelo Puleo
iamdedoctor@yahoo.com

#2 ·
iamdedoctor said:
:confused: My computer is a DELL XPS400/1Gb memory/256Mb video memory operating Windows XP Pro 2005 MCE. I am currently using a Brother All-In-One MFC-5840CN. My son bought an Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed scanner so that he can scan slides and negatives. Is it necessary to load the software that came with the Epson? Can I use the Brother scanner driver, will it work? The way I've always understood it was that all you need is a twain compliant driver, which is on the Epson CD as Arc-Soft Photoimpression. I just don't want to cause a problem since the computer is running so well. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Angelo Puleo
iamdedoctor@yahoo.com
If XP Pro did not, via plug and play, install the scanner, I would go to DIRECTLY to the Epson site, isolate your particular scanner and check out their options for it. They also update their drivers on regular basis and often.

I have a flatbed Epson scanner....and because my old camera employs twain drivers....I had some issues using the more complex Epson software in XP Pro, but not, oddly on my laptop where i run XP Home.

But I do believe the Epson drivers provided on their site R the only way to go and are quite proprietary. I would SOOO not mess with any other brand's software.

#4 ·
iamdedoctor said:
Dear Ariesjil,

Thank you for your reply. However, I was not clear with what I want to do. I would like to keep the Brother MFC5840CN attached so that I can fax and make quick copies. What I need to know is 'Can I also attach the Epson flatbed in addition to the Brother? Will the two scanners co-exist?

Thank you
angelo
iamdedoctor@yahoo.com
:up: :down:
O! Sorry. Sure U can...as long as you have USB ports for both and proper drivers R installed for each. No different from having two printers hooked up simultaneously....which I do and they happend to B both Epsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.