1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Address book Crashes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Diane Wagner, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Diane Wagner

Diane Wagner Thread Starter

I use Internet Explorer 5, Outlook Express, and the Address Book has become corrupted. I have saved my addresses, but when I import them into a newly named address book, that one is then corrupted. I can get addresses thru the "to" button when doing a new mail, but can't get Address book itself to open. I get an error message which is shown in the accompanying jpeg

Using Win 98, orig. version.
    Have requested help from MSupport, but they haven't replied except to ask for the same info again and agin!
    Help!

Attached Files:

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

3. Diane Wagner

Ooops. I have installed Internet Explorer upgrade 5.5, but when I check the file versions in the "About Outlook Express 5" it relates the following:
    Version 5.5.4807.1700

The .wab files are listed thusly:
    File Version Full Path
    wab32.dll (unknown) wab32.dll
    wab32res.dll (unknown wab32res.dll

does this mean I have the wrong version of Address Book and maybe it won't open for that reason?

I have read all the sources you listed.
    I do have recently installed McAfee Online Virus Scan and it does seem to cause some problems. I will contact them imm.

I have Gator, and will disable it.

Any other suggestions?

Really grateful for your help.
    DW

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Im think you need to reinstall Outlook Express

5. Diane Wagner

I think that's the best idea yet. But,
    question:
    do I have to uninstall it first? Where do I get a copy to reinstall? (that seems like a dumb question but i don't know.)
    thanks
    dw

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

First do what is recommended in the articles all the way. Then click the spyware link next to my name and download, install and run aaw.exe. Delete what it finds. Then go to tools>internet options>general tab>clear history>then delete files. Dump everything that may be in you recycle bin. If that doesnt get you somewhere then go ahead.

How to Remove and Reinstall Outlook Express

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice