1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

address book

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by naestoi, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. naestoi

naestoi Thread Starter

trying to do an address book how to make the name and address in accending order

2. naestoi

naestoi Thread Starter

Hi! How do I make an alphabetical address book with an Excel spreadsheet? I already have all my addresses in a spreadsheet....I was just wondering how I could make them in alphabetical order using a formula, etc.

3. valis

valis Moderator

alphabetical by how? If the first and last names are in the same cell, it will alphabetize them by first name. What data do you have?

4. naestoi

naestoi Thread Starter

last name, first, address, city, st, zip, phone, cell, email

is the only way for this to happen is going straight across and can not be done in just two or three columns up and down

5. valis

valis Moderator

is all that data in one cell, or is it split amongst cells? I.E., one cell for the last name, one for the first name, one for the address, etc.

6. naestoi

naestoi Thread Starter

split --

7. valis

valis Moderator

in that case, just sort it how you wish. You can arrange the columns however you wish and then sort to your own criteria.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice