1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Address List In Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sherri29, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

My problems always seems so stupid after I read other questions that are being asked...but I have always heard the expression "the only stupid question...is the one that isn't asked"..So I am gonna go for it..

I want to print out a list of my address book..but no matter which one I choose...(memo, business card, or phone list) it prints out like 14 pages (using 2 or 4 spaces between the persons name..and their e/mail addy..then more spacing between the 1st name and the next name and so on and so on...all I want is a printed list of my address book as I see it with their name and addy to the side and the next one right below with their name and addy out to the side ...etc...etc...

But it will not print me a list like that. What am I doing wrong?..and can it be done...(what I am wanting to do).

Thanks

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

I am not certain if you can do what you want, but you can export the address book as a .csv file and then open it in a spreadsheet program such as Excel to print out the list from.

3. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

:confused:
    Ok Brooks...I am not familiar with anything you mentioned...but I will investigste it..I have never heard of .csv file and I don't even know what a spreadsheet isas far as this computer is concerned let alone use one.......I have heard of Excel..but don't know what that is either...

I use my computer mainly just to look stuff up and e/mail friends and relatives, and instant messenger to talk with my sister in Texas everynight...

I know ...ignorance is bliss, but I think I got a double shot. sorry...but thank you ....I appreciate your help ...and will check into what you said.

Is there a book that explains computers fairly simply..besides "Computers for Dummies"?

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

The only stupid question is one not asked. I say it all the time. Second be glad your questions are simple ones.

Now open your address book and click File, export. Follow the directions from there you will want to export to a text file. (txt)

Once you have exported it into a txt file, pay attention to where you export it so you will be able to find it.

Once you have it exported open word if that is the program you use to write letters with and such. CLick on the yellow folder icon at the top left.

A window will open and at the top will be a place to choose the folder the file is in that you want to open.

Choose the folder and then at the bottom you will see "Files of Type" choose txt and your text file should appear in the window. Double click on the file and it will open and then you can work with it and edit it the way you want.

5. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Good Mornin' Rick...Thanks for the reply....I printed it out, as I do with everything informative...(.I have the memory of a gnat.)

:)

I will try this as soon as I get back...I am on my way out the door to run errands. I will let you know if this worked for me, and if it doesn't (for me) I will be here asking questions again.

until later...sherri

6. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

:) Rick...sorry I have taken so long to answer you...but I couldn't find this post, and I am still learning my way around this site..

I did what you suggested and got exactly what I wanted . I got my address book printed out ...and it only took 3 pages instead of the 26 it was doing before...thanks again...really appreciate it..

sherri

7. rkselby98

rkselby98

Great and with the price of paper today I will split with you what you save.

Have a great day and thank you for letting me know it worked.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/97786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice