Address List MIA, Need To Get It Back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dave45

Banned
Well, those *******s at Microsoft have done it again. The Address List in Microsoft Outlook Express that docks at the lower left side of the OE window is gone missing on me and I have no idea how to restore it and I have wasted over an hour screwing with it to no avail.

A normally intelligent person would believe that restoring the Address List should be a one click operation but obviously that is too hard for those ***-wipes at Microsoft to accomplish so they made it a hide & seek Address List.

It is times like this that make me think seriously about taking a baseball bat to my Windows computer and then buying an Apple Computer. At least then I would know I have something that works the way it is supposed to.

If anyone can please give me a set of directions (and please keep it to under 50 pages; but that may not be possible the way the morons at Microsoft write their code) on how I can restore my Address List I would really, REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

Have you tried View->Layout from the menu bar & putting a checkmark in the box that says Contacts ?

I don't see how MS had anything to do with you losing it. . . . . . .:rolleyes:

:D

It's not MS's problem keeping track of YOUR address book! I suppose if your hard drive crashed and your address book was missing it would still somehow be Microsoft's fault.

Search your computer for *.pst. Usually called "outlook.pst" .

If you do find it you can just click File >open.

Make sure to set Outlook to make a backup somewhere familiar for the future.

D

daddyhominum said:
Search your computer for *.pst. Usually called "outlook.pst" .

If you do find it you can just click File >open.

Make sure to set Outlook to make a backup somewhere familiar for the future.

D
He's using Outlook Express . . . . . ;)

daddyhominum said:
Doesn't Outlook Express use a .pst file?

Where does it store address information ?
.wab = address book

.dbx = Outlook Express folders

But I don't believe the address book has gone missing in this case, just that it's not being shown on the layout.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts