1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

addressing problem

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by johnmcg, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmcg

johnmcg Thread Starter

Hi - I'm having a bit of a problem accessing a device remotely via a php page. I need to have the page connect to the device every 30 minutes and read a file. The problem I am having is that the device requires login and it is behind a port forward.

To log in to it via the web GUI, I just type in the ip address with port, then login through the GUI. When I do this via the php page, I have to put the login info in the url as follows:
    http:// username : password @ ipadress : port / pathname

I think the above isn't working because the username and password get stripped off by the router that does the port forward. Is there a workaround for this?

2. ehymel

ehymel

Try using curl in php. Google 'curl php post' for lots of examples.

3. johnmcg

johnmcg Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I'm working on using curl, but I'm not having much luck. Is there a particular setopt that I'm supposed to use for something like this? I get lots of "500 internal server error"s with what I'm doing now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice