1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adjust brightness in monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blakes7, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Hi! I have an ASUS VS238 monitor. I'm trying to change the brightness settings---way to bright. I push the contrast/brightness button on the bottom of the monitor and a little box pops up with brightness. I click on the up/down buttons on my keyboard and nada. Nothing happens. After a few seconds the box disappears. I've tried using the cursor, but as soon as it tries to enter the brightness box it disappears. I've tried the menu button, and the up down buttons don't work, but if I push the menu button again, it drops down to standard. I push the button again, and I get a box asking yes or no. It's set on no. I push again and it returns to standard, push again and I'm in a back and forth loop. How do I get the buttons to work? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dougx789

Dougx789

You need to use the buttons on the monitor itself to adjust the brightness, not your keyboard or mouse.

3. Dougx789

Dougx789

I can't see a Asus VS238 monitor, but I can see a VS238H-P

If thats the monitor you have, you need to press the button with the ☼▲ (should be third from the left, to the right of the menu key). This will bring up the brightness settings on the OSD. Then use the ☽▼ button (should be 5th from the left, to the left of the menu key) to lower the brightness.

4. Blakes7

Blakes7 Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. Yep---that worked. I won't go blind now thanks.

5. Dougx789

Dougx789

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice