1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adjusted Video RAM size on Windows 7 And now Broken

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MatP9, Nov 19, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. MatP9

MatP9 Thread Starter

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You were given BAD advice.
    Those settings should remain unchecked and greyed out.

Capture.JPG

Restart in safe mode, then see if you can undo that setting, then restart in normal mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------

MatP9 likes this.
  3. MatP9

MatP9 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Frank, i've tried restarting through safe mode multiple times but it still ends with "Blue death screen", is there something i can do to reset that "Maximum memory" setting without accessing my files or is it a no bueno?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never dealt with that issue, so someone else here will need to advise you how to resolve it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

MatP9 likes this.
  5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If you press F8 when the computer is booting up (has to be before you see the Windows logo) you should get the Advanced Boot Options. Choose Repair your Computer and see if that helps.

MatP9 likes this.
  6. MatP9

MatP9 Thread Starter

I've regained access to my Laptop by first Pressing "F2" to open the Thinkpad Setup menu than i selected "Serial ATA (SATA)" and changed the option from "AHCI MODE:" to "Compatability mode" and its been accessible so far although i did have to buy a Windows 7 Professional product key and i lost all my files, (but i think i might have done that in the process) I don't understand what i did but it works.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice