1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adjusting brightness (function keys)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gelo136, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gelo136

gelo136 Thread Starter

i cant get the function keys for the adjusting of brightness of my laptop screen. i can adjust it when it starts up but when the welcome message of windows xp starts i cant adjust it anymore. it's very annoying since i have to restart my laptop just to adjust the brightness using the function keys. anyone can help? please thanks.

i'm using Windows xp, Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family for my graphics.

these i think the most relevant for this issue.

btw, all the other function keys work. thanks again

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

What is the make and model of laptop?

Do you have the recovery disk set for this laptop?

3. gelo136

gelo136 Thread Starter

thanks!

im using a compaq presario b1207tu. there was no recovery disk set up for this. i think that only works for windows vista

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What you will need to do eventually is get a recovery disk set you are going to need it

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Obtaining a Recovery CD or DVD set
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&product=90387&lang=en&docname=bph07143

If you do not have a manual for this then use the on-line one and you should be able to pick out your there:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3598643&lang=en&

This should have info on setting up function keys properly and iif not then there might be some troubleshooting that you can go thru with the manual.

5. gelo136

gelo136 Thread Starter

thanks. for the help. there is no way i could do this manually? i cant find any info on how to set up the function keys in the manuals. sorry

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What operating system came with the computer?
    Has this functionality ever worked properly?
    You could try reinstalling the chipset drivers.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/714977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice