1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adjusting correct cpu speed in BIOS...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Butcherboy, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Butcherboy

Butcherboy Thread Starter

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated ;)

2. Annorax

Annorax

Usually a motherboard should have, either in BIOS, jumpers, or both, a way to adjust the CPU speed. Have you contacted the manufacturer about this?

3. photolady

photolady

Do you not see a reference to "Frequency/Voltage Control" in the BIOS?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I do not have an asus board handy at the moment, however I think it is in the Freq and volts as posted above.

Since you have an nforce board, go slowly in the bios. Do not be in a hurry to save changes and exit. I like to make one change at a time in those. The reason is that nforce boards are more prone to bios corruption than a via or intel board.

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The 2400+ multipliers are 15x and 133 external. Vcore is 1.65. No jumpers.

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

OK I put your post up above so I can look at it. In advanced chipset options you will find auto and menu for cpu speed.
    You can either choose auto which will give you a 7x-15x multiplier, or go to menu and choose 15x.
    Then on external frequency you will need to choose 133.
    I'll check back later. I am running close to the same board and the multipliers will be the same.
    No jumpers to change to get your speed.

7. Lil Chris

Lil Chris

Hope I can help I am running Asus A7N8X Delux Rev 2 myself. There is a jumper to clear the cmos behind no 3 pic slot called clrtc1, postion 1/2 is normal put the jumper to 2/3 for a short while this will clear your cmos, when you reboot press del go straight into the bios you will find the board as defaulted to 100mhz in Advanced Chipset Features set the first item CPU External frequency 133/166 to the required speed Table below may give you a guide
    Check which proccessor you have and set the speed according to the chart below.

opn number , Model , freq , Clock multi , Voltage, FSB freq

AXDA2400DKV3C, 2400+, 2000, 15x , 1.65v , 333
    Thoroughbred

AXDC2400DKV3C, 2400+ , 2000, 15x , 1.65v , 266
    Thorton

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice