1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adjusting font size when printing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jack B., Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack B.

Jack B. Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavillion Slimline with a Windows 7 operating system. Unlike previous computers, everything has been fine for the past year or so. Any little problems I have found easy to correct. But recently my printer started printing everything in a larger font. I've tried everything I know to change this, such as print preferences, properties, preview, etc. with no luck. Can anyone advise?

2. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

AFAIK what font the printer uses is controlled by the application. If they all changed at once then I would suspect the driver-did you update it recently? But whether you did or not, I'd still recommend that you specify which application you're printing from & then maybe somebody can tell you how to change the font in it.

3. Jack B.

Jack B. Thread Starter

Thanks Calvin but can you please tell a non-tech guy how to determine "which application you're printing from".

4. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Generally application is synonymous with program so, if you're printing a Microsoft Word document then you're printing from Microsoft Word, if you're printing an email & you use Mozilla Thunderbird as your email client then you're printing from Thunderbird, etc. About the only thing I can think of that you actually print 'from Windows' is the printer Test Page. I don't know how you can set the font for that but printing that might indicate whether or not the problem is actually with Windows-or the printer driver.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Details, in case you need them, on printer Test Page ...

Start - Devices and Printers - right click on your printer - select 'Printer properties' (NOT 'Properties' at the bottom of the list) - General tab - click on 'Print Test Page.'

6. Jack B.

Jack B. Thread Starter

I really appreciate the help Calvin and the tip from Terry. From this information, I was able to make the necessary adjustment. I've relied on this site in the past and it has yet to let me down. Thank you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!