1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adjusting for overscan on Chromecast or APEX LD4088 TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by windgod14, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. windgod14

windgod14 Thread Starter

Devices involved:
    Chomecast and APEX LD4088

Problem:
    While using my Chromcast (All apps, from my phone or computer, etc.), I noticed that a portion of the picture is cut off. I would like to adjust the TV or Device in order to fix this. This is surely an issue with the TV, but if I can get the Chomecast stream scaled properly then I would be happy enough.

Example of overscan:
    [​IMG]

Chromecast:
    - I have tried all 3 resolution settings, and have been unsuccessful.
    - Any other suggestions i have found have been to look at the settings for the TV.

TV:
    - Looking at the manual and menus on the TV, I cannot find any way to adjust overscan or zoom out any further. (Normal and/or wide is as far as I can zoom out, and the issue remains present.)

- I did see advanced settings under Setup, but this menu is grayed out for HDMI devices.

I've tried a few common APEX service mode codes, but I have yet to find the one that works for my model. Some suggestions I have tried include:

- Set Volume to 0
    - Hold mute on the remote and Menu on the TV at the same time

- Set Volume to 0
    - Mute via the remote
    - Hold mute on the remote and Menu on the TV at the same time

- Set Volume to 0
    - Hold Mute on the remote and Input on the TV at the same time

Here is the User Manuel for reference, I haven't been able to find a service Manuel as of yet.http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Apex_LD4088_Manual.pdf"]http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Apex_LD4088_Manual.pdf

Do you guys have any ideas on how I could get this issue resolved?

2. valis

valis Moderator

I do not...however, Im sure someone will. Wouldnt be surprised to see Drabdr in. That said...

That question should be the poster for HOW to ask a question. All info, regardless. Thanks.

Other reason was I have had this issue and just subscribed for the resolution. ;)

3. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    On page 27 they speak about the zoom mode. Could that be occurring here?

Just to understand the problem (see attached). The picture is supposed to look like the "normal", but it looks like the "zoom". Correct?

Attached Files:

4. windgod14

windgod14 Thread Starter

With Zoom set to Normal and/or Wide, I have the overscan issue. Below is an example:

[​IMG]

Chomecast doesn't compensate enough for the overscan on my TV. I've read about people fixing this issue by adjusting the picture via the service mode on the TV, but I haven't found a way to access that mode on my model.

5. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    windgod14, it seems the TV may have a "secret" menu for adjustments. Have you found/located yours?

Here is some information I found on one of them:

http://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/apex-television-secret-menu-adjust-size.51635/

6. windgod14

windgod14 Thread Starter

Right, this is the service mode I have been trying to find. This is one of the methods I mentioned trying in the first post to no avail. It would be awesome to find out how to access this mode on my model.

7. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    I'll do some more searching. (y)

8. windgod14

windgod14 Thread Starter

I haven't been able to find a solution yet. It's disappointing that I can't seem to adjust either device.

9. windgod14

windgod14 Thread Starter

This issue remains open unfortunately

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice