1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adjusting mp3 volume levels

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wgreene, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Whenever I download mp3 files and play them back, I find a great deal of variation in volume level. Some play back much softer or lower than I would like and occasionally one will play back too loud. I'm trying to find a good program to use that will allow me to adjust mp3 volume levels before starting the burn process so that after I burn CD's and then play them back I won't have to keep adjusting the volume. In other words I wan't to be able to burn 20 or so tracks so that they will all play back at essentially the same level of volume. ( I guess that these programs would also make it possible to eliminate a certain amount of hiss, especially in cases where the volume level needs boosting.)

I've been told that there are programs that will let me make such adjustments. I would appreciate recommendations as to which of these work the best and have the clearest instructions. Basically, how do these programs work? A simple 3- or 4-step explanantion, if possible, would help me a lot.

Thank you,

Bill

Bill

2. rhettman5

rhettman5

I'll take a look, in the meantime..does your burner program have such a option, I use CE Quadrat's "just Burn" software and I had it for 6 months before I found the option !! :)...Rhett

3. slipe

slipe

The Feurio demo is full featured and doesn’t expire. I think it is the best audio recording software out there. What you want to do is called normalization. Feurio will normalize your MP3s for you either automatically or manually. http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml

Retail versions of CD writer software now all have the ability to normalize. Some older software and some bundled versions won’t do it. Feurio will handle the entire recording process for you but it is just for audio.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!