1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adjusting screen resolution

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ledfan2005, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ledfan2005

Ledfan2005 Thread Starter

Until recently, I was always able to adjust my monitor's screen resolution. Now whenever I try to adjust it to 2048 by 1536 pixels (the most resolution), I get an error message that says:

OUT OF FREQUENCY

HF: 95.4 kHz
    VF: 60.0 Hz

OPERATING FREQUENCY

HF: 30-70 kHz
    VF: 50-160 Hz

What does all this mean? Why can't I do something simple like set my screen resolution?

Help would be appreciated... thanks.

2. norton850

norton850

That's a pretty high resolution. Sometimes resolutions are listed that a monitor doesn't support. Where you able to set it there before?

3. saltydawgs

saltydawgs Account Closed

did u get a new monitor, or video card recently...

4. valis

valis Moderator

'pretty high' is an understatement. You may have damaged your monitor or you video card running it at that resolutoin.

What is your video card make, model, graphics processor, and onboard ram?

What is your monitor type and model number?

There is a limit to the rez you can run any monitor at without damaging it in the long run. You may have just fried that monitors ability to run at that rez.

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice