Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

admin account and user admin still no admin privilages

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kenmystro 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

#3 ·
have you read this.
Method 1:

This may happen if the administrator account is corrupted.

You may try creating a new administrator account and check.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Create-a-user-account

Method 2:

If you are unable to create user account, thenyou may try to disable User account control and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Disable UAC (User Account Control) and check the result

See How do I change the behavior of User Account Control by using the slider?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...r-of-User-Account-Control-by-using-the-slider

Note: You must restart your computer when you enable or disable UAC. Changing levels of notification does not require that you restart your computer.

Step 2:

You may also try to set the Default Administrator account and check if the issue occurs.

a. Click the Start button and click All programs followed by Accessories

b. In the Accessories menu, Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select'Run as administrator'.

c. If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled, you will be asked for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password etc.

d. In the Command Prompt window, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.

e. Close the elevated command prompt.

f. Log off (in Start Menu) and you will see your new built-in Administrator account next to your current account(s).

g. Click on the built-in Administrator account display picture icon and log on to it.

Step 3:

If you are not facing any issue, then try creating a new user account and check.

Refer the link:

Fix a corrupt user profile:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

If the issue is resolved then try to disable the default Admin account by following the command:

net user administrator /active:no

Also enable the User Account Control.

#5 ·
SO I finally got around to this, thought it wouldnt be easy.
I tried creating new users, profiles but it was glitchy. Not really copying files, software problematic.
I spent ages messing around and eventually decided to format the c drive and reflash image. This took less time than the messing around. Then a few quick tweaks and back to normal.

My advice for anyone with a simalr issue, ownership/permission controls is to just take it as C drive corrupt delete and start again. Its the only way and quickest with least hassle to iron out all the issues. This has taught me a thing about ownerships and the benefits to additional users, so now system is better than before, but what a chore!!

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.