1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Admin account with Time controls wont work correctly

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Wolfey5546, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wolfey5546

Wolfey5546 Thread Starter

I have windows 7. There are two accounts on my computer and i am allowed to use one. They are both admin accounts and i am under parental controls from the other admin account. I only have time constraints. I am allowed to use all programs but when i click on certain programs i need the other admin accounts password to use them. I need help fixing this issue. Thank you for the help!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The typical solution is to ask for help from the "other" Admin account owner. He/she then looks at what you are trying to do and, if deemed appropriate, will enter the correct password.

3. Wolfey5546

Yes but he isnt around enough for this to work right and half my programs and games wont work because i need his password, i just wanna know if theres a way around this, like being able to have admin access but still have time constraints and parental controls.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Thanks. If there is a solution it will have to be implemented by the account owner. All you can do is ask him to try.

All we can do is advise you what to tell him. I have no experience with the parental controls and cannot myself advise.

5. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    By definition you cannot apply any sort of effective restriction against an administrator of the computer being run. I would actually question whether your account is a true administrator because Windows won't normally let you even set parental controls against an administrator (although you can, and can create a lot of problems by, change an account with parental controls from a standard to an administrator). Can you verify that your account is an administrator.

There are a few ideas in my head, but all of them are flawed in some way or another.

6. Wolfey5546

I had him check and i used to be an administrator but when he put on time constraints i became standard but even when i was an admin i still had to know his password to use programs. Ive always had this issue

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm guessing that means the programs were installed from his account and were designated "for me only" instead of "for all users." However, there are some programs that cannot be run without an admin assuring the UAC that it is OK to run.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice