1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Admin Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by n2gun, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

New to windows 7... lol. Every time I go to install some things it tells me I need to sign in as admin. How do I get into the admin privileges?? Thanks for any help.

2. antech

antech Banned

Have you use Vista ?
    Make sure you are the admin on the System.
    I think its the UAC asking you for admin privilages.
    Right click on the file and select "Run as admin"

3. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

I am only one on this computer so I should have admin privileges. Will try what you said. Thanks

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is this a brand new computer? If so, you should have been prompted to create an account when you started it the first time. That account should be an administrator. Or did you upgrade? What account are you logged in with? What type of account is it listed as in User Accounts (accessible through Control Panel)?

Sometimes you need to right-click on a program and select Run As Administrator.

We need more details about your system and the circumstances surrounding the problem.

5. antech

antech Banned

Sorry Doublehelix,
    but I had the same answer in my reply

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921002