admin on win2k server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

virtualgeorg

I am on a win2k avanced server that someone who is no longer around setup. Its been running and I had access to everything and I thought I had been logged in as administrator. However, I just had to reboot, logged back in as administrator but I no longer have access to any of my desktop items or programs. The only thing I seem to have access to is the "active directory users and computers" from the administator tools menu.

How can I give the administrator full access?

Thanks

virtualgeorg

the icons/shortcuts on desktop are there but nothing happens when clicked.

Or I get an object does not exist or inaccessible error.

Before anything else, check the AD users & computers for your profile and see what permissions are assigned to you.

virtualgeorg

under the profile tab for administrator properties,
the profile path is blank
login script says administrator

and local path below that is blank

Should there be a path to a profile?

virtualgeorg

Found out one of the accountants that work here was screwing around with re-setting his password on the server so maybe he did something?
Just needed another re-boot and now its back to normal, should have done that first.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online