1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Admin privileges problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by helpmeplease1534, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helpmeplease1534

helpmeplease1534 Thread Starter

when i click on soemthing that needs admin privileges it does not ask me for my password to confirm it how do i change things i have windows 8.1

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Some areas the user can NOT make changes.
    What changes are you trying to make?

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

So you want Windows to prompt you for your password? Normally, Windows just pops up a dialog asking for confirmation when you are logged into an admin account; are you getting that?

4. closetvibes

closetvibes

right click on icon and select " run as administrator " , there are ways to bypass it ( like ccleaner has done , you no longer need to run as admin )

try this
    1. Go to the Search and type “Change User Account Settings”
    2. In the console, change the settings to what you want - either NEVER or ALWAYS or anything in between

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1138145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice