Admin Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andyroo2005

hi,

hope someone out there can help me. i am experiencing problems with my XP operation system, specifically admin privledges. i have created a user account for myself as "computer admisinstrator" when i install games and attempt to play them it brings up the error message you dont have suficient admin rights. this also happens when i try to log onto windows for updates, it requests a admin account holder logs on. i am stumped as to were the problem lyes. can anyone help????? i have checked and double checked my account type and it deff is computer administator.

Anyone???

Cheers :p

I'm not sure this will help but you might start by looking here to see. Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and slect Manage. Then click on the plus sign to the left of the folder that says Users. Then left click on Users. In the box to the right you'll see who has administrator rights and passwords never expire, etc. Good Luck.

andyroo2005

still having problems, i cant even log onto microsoft to ask them because i have "insufficent admin rights"

can anyone help!!! someone must have had this problem

cheers!
andrew :cool:

are you sure that your "computer administrator" that you created is actually in the administrators group? are you logged in as the actual administrator when you did this? or did you simply rename the default administrator account?

andyroo2005

when i created the account i just changed it to a administrator account. is this the wrong way??? were can i check the administators groups???

right click "my computer" and select "manage", then under Local users and groups open the groups folder, then double click the Administrators group. Make sure your account is in there, if not then just click "add".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts