Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

admin rights are gone help me!

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
so i was messing around with c drive security permissions and now i have totally messed my window c drive up side down. so now i can not run cmd to gain access to admin again because i have to run it in admin mode which i can not since i messed up the permissions on c drive security owner thing. i have no idea how to gain it back so please list some ideas that i can get the rights back and i repeat i can not run anything in admin mode or install because window 7 has gone mad

computer specs
4bg ram
252mb DVM
250gb hard drive
window 7 ultimate 32 bit
i have srsly messed my laptops c drive security owner permission aahhaha help me! :(

• 11 minutes ago
  • - 4 days left to answer.
Additional Details

okay i done system restore no luck i have done safe mode no luck

i try to run cmd into a admin no luck
i try to run "services.msc" no luck basically i gave all the "rights" to the computer if know what i mean, meaning i don;t controle the computer i just boot it n run programs i can not admin them or go and edit the c drive settings i can not go in to and make a new account or change account rights or anything.

i am paralyzed and my window wont give the rights back.

also i cant go regedit or services, service manager, event logger they are all locked im locked out of my own systhem like me locked out of my house and my house now has the keys i can't break the window n get it cuz its a computer :z i need a new way to get in the owner editing c drive so i can make my self the owner also i cant make another user account or anything. also quick thing i tryed doing cmd net user and i cant type password in meaning i cant type anything when it asks for password in cmd

See less See more
#4 ·
Hello, sorry to hear about your troubles.
You could try to access the repair option by rebooting the machine and tapping the F8 key; then choose System Restore (Not a full restore, just the Microsoft System Restore). Just pick a date to restore to from before all of this happened and wait until it's done. Cannot tell for sure if it will work, but it's worth a try. Keep us posted.
All the best

The Cleaver

#8 ·
When you mess with NTFS permissions, you can, actually, completely lock out the administrator account and the system account. You have to be very careful when making NTFS permission changes. In my experience, this is not a recoverable problem. You'll probably need to reinstall Windows.

#14 ·
:z i wanted to remove my admin acc rights so only i have rights on my other user acc but i messed it up and now i am facing the problems but i found out something i ran the pc in safe mode and i got that registry "take owner ship* and i merged it still can not take owner ship of the c drive all i see is a cmd pop n and it goes back instantly.

#16 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.