Admin User Account - Im Locked Out!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Earnshaw24

Ok, I may have made a mistake here, I was told to click this SID thing and change my SID I code in order to be able to install this WindowBlinds application however, it seems to have gone crazy.

After restarting my computer, It now has two users after looking in the C:/users - one Gareth.GarethPC which has NOTHING IN IT. And the other is my original GARETH account which it wont let me access - asking for an ADMIN password however It wont let me type anything in!

So I can't do any activity that requires Admin access, i've been trying to system restore naturally Admin required.

Any help? I'm wetting myself.

Thanks Everyone.

Edit: Mine is now a guest account..

Pushing the rules quite a bit here. The only reason to change the SID is to install the program without paying for it. And at this point, if your Admin password isn't working, the rules won't let us help bypass that.

From the sound of things, something went wrong changing the SID, and no telling what that was. Your best bet is going to be a re-install. If you don't have your data backed up, a Live CD of some kind should let you copy it off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online