Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin User Account in XP

926 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  1_rob_1 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I made a HUGE mistake today. I was configuring 2 'puters at a time & accidently made the only admin account into a limited account. At first, I swear, I remember seeing the at least one other account that was an admin but I guess not.

The login screen is a bit wierd as well. Instead of it being the new xp screen with the users' icon it has the old 2000 version with the window asking for the username & password.\

I tried to enter the UN in that I thought I remember seeing & a variety of possible passwords but nada.

My questions are:
1. is it possible to reverse the limited restrictions on the formerly admin account without any other admin account. This seems unlikely but I guess there has to be a way, right? (GOD!, I hioe there is a way!)

2. If there really is another admin account (it seems unlikely that windows would allow the only account to be changed to limited access) then how can I recoup the forgotten password. I didnt make a passwords disks. :(

I am in a super jam here folx so if any mad scientist out there can help mw out, I would forever be greatful!

Thanks in advance!
peace
rusia

See less See more
#4 ·
inuyasha320 said:
to find that account in normal mode,

go to your account selection screen

press Ctrl Alt delete 2 times

then type in administrator

then press enter
Did you read his post.

Rusia said:
The login screen is a bit wierd as well. Instead of it being the new xp screen with the users' icon it has the old 2000 version with the window asking for the username & password.

#10 ·
can you do a restore with w limited account? I'll try it.
no, there are other accounts. one of them is an admin account but I dont know the password. I;ve tried several & nanda. I also did not make a backup disk of the passwords either so I'm not sure how to recoup it. the welcome screen is old school style of the windows 2000 (pre xp) instead of the typical xp welcome screen with the icons & user accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.