1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Admin Users

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by helenbrekker, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helenbrekker

helenbrekker Thread Starter

Hi,

A while back, I was changing something on my user account on my MacBook Pro. And before I saved my changes, I forgot to mark the box "Make account admin" (or something, I can't really remember). So, everything saved, but now I do not have an admin account on my laptop. Which is, as it has turned out, a massive problem due to this rendering deleting applications and files, updating applications and the software impossible. My laptop is now in the prosses of crashing because the firewalls and the software system is weakening (I can't install the newest updates to anything).

So, my question is; how do I fix this? I don't have any other admin accounts on my laptop I can use, and the guest account is disabled (and I can't turn that on without an admin account). It feels like I've tried everything, and nothing's worked. I really need to fix this.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Do you have a Time Machine Backup??

3. helenbrekker

helenbrekker Thread Starter

I don't think so

4. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Do you have any backup? Perhaps a iCloud account??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!