1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Administrative shares in Windows ME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by versatile, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. versatile

versatile Thread Starter

I was wondering if there was a registry hack or a setting to remove the automated administrative shares under Windows ME. Apparently when you create a shared folder, ME automatically creates Admin shares for each drive letter. I can't seem to find a way to disable it in Windows ME, so maybe there is a util or registry hack available.. Thanks in advance!

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

gee this was not easy to find & I just did this an hr ago.

In HELP... I typed in multiple user & follwed thru til I found this under another few clicks...at "related topics"

To change desktop settings for multiple users

Open Users properties.
    Click the name of the user you want to change settings for, and then click Change Settings.
    Follow the instructions on the screen.

you can delete there.

Savvy :)

3. versatile

versatile Thread Starter

That doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. I want to DISABLE the administrative shares on all my drive letters. When you right click on the drive it doesn't say that it is shared, so most likely it is some type of registry setting. It shares the drive letters as "C$" "D$" "E$", etc.. but i cannot remove them.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Go to start/settings/control panel/users
    it will bring a panel up & you click the name you want to delete & then click remove.

Savvy :)

ps you may have to be in each drive to do it though. Im new on ME so Im not sure.

5. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Seems I misssed the word folders... so sorry

I went to help & typed in Shared folders... it said

Savvy :) hope that helps....let me know

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice