1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Administrator account probelm on Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ela_cori, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ela_cori

ela_cori Thread Starter

I'm having a very unusual pb trying to log in my adm.account on my laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have 2 accounts on my comp. : one is the adm acc. and the second is the guest acc. which has limited acces.
    It seems that suddenly, windows doesn't recognize my password or my user name because when I type in my password I get the message :"the user name or password is incorrect" which is very frustrating because I know for sure that I am using the right password as I've been using it for months and also I logged in my adm acc. earlier this morning! The other account is fine, I do not have a password set on it so I can access it with no problembs at all but I can not make any changes from this acc. because each time I try to change something, I am required to insert the adm. password...which is not recognized.
    What can I do about this? I would really appreciate all the help I can get ! I am desperate to fix this pb somehow!
    Thank you!

2. zacke

zacke

Make sure to see that you do not have the CAPS Lock key enabled. I know this sounds silly, but it happens (even to me). Alternatively, take it to a computer repair shop, and tell them you need to reset the admin password.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!