1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Administrator account

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rumpy, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rumpy

rumpy Thread Starter

Hi there to you all

Is there a way in which I can get the default admin account to show on the welcome screen at boot up time rather than having to go and boot into safe mode?

any help much appreciated

rumpy

2. Aus_Louie

Aus_Louie

I don't think so but with Windows XP the first person that made an account is defaulted to Admin... but i might be wrong

3. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    The first account created is part of the Administrators group by default.

The idea behid the user "Administrator", is for installations and maintenance. Something which can be done from any user with Admin rights.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Kool JW that one I never heard of!!!

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Google is your friend. :D

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yep don't us Pennsylvanians both know that!!!!

8. rumpy

rumpy Thread Starter

I followed up the link that you gave me and of the 4 only the second gets me the Admin account, i.e. booting in safe mode.

The first option, CTR+ALT+DELETE gets me to the logon screen, but with or without a password I get the 'logon message'-"Unable to log you on because of account restriction"

The third option, to make the Admin account the only account with Admin privileges by removing all other users from the Admin group is not possible for me as there is no folder listed in the Computer Manament console that would allow me to.

The last option, to add a new DWORD, value Administrator, with a value of 1 is also not possible as this entry already exists and the editor will not permit another with the same name etc.

Any further suggestions please? All reponses greatly appreciated.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice