1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Administrator" control

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Hara, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hara

Hara Thread Starter

Dell PC bought from military. Came with 'Administrator' control. Can't access internet using 'administrator' because don't know password. Unable to update or install using my own screen name.
    Questions:
    1. Can I get rid of "Administrator" on pc so I can have a regular pc like everyone else?
    2. If not, can I change 'password' that I could use?
    3. PC hooked to network of other computers. Can I get off network?
    My request is for technical assistance using my limited computer expertise. Please, I would greatly appreciate replies that tell me (not why I can't do it) but how I can do it.
    I know there's someone out there.
    Hara(y)

2. ace_coffee

ace_coffee

There are a few ways to do this. First, do you have any of the software for this pc?
    If so, you can reinstall the OS and start from scratch.
    or if you look [search Google], there are ways to break or reset the admin password.

I should note that I don't condone hacking or piracy, so my options are legit if you do own the pc.

3. sideburnsid

sideburnsid

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice