Administrator login

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rslnerd

We bought this computer from a guy who really played with his computer. It starts up skipping the login screen and logging on as administrator. To use my account, I have to log out of admin, which brings it back to the login screen; the admin button disappears. How can I make it so that it doesn't login as admin upon bootup???

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi rslnerd

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Start > Run
Key in:
control userpasswords2
Click: OK

Highlight the User Account that you want Windows XP to automatically login.
Uncheck: Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
Click: Apply
The Automatically Log On window will appear, again verify the correct User Account is showing, if not, key in the correct User Account.
Input your password or leave blank.
OK, OK to save and close.

Restart the computer to test.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
(y) :)

You can mark your thread solved using the Mark Solved button at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online