1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Administrator Profile disappeared --- Please help and advice

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by asteroid900, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asteroid900

asteroid900 Thread Starter

Hello Guys,
    I am new and dont have much knowledge in computers and thats why I need help from you guys.
    I have a Sony Laptop with Vista Home edition (32bit) with SP2 (installed just now but before it was SP1), AV is McAfee Total protection. HD 300GB, RAM 4GB. Using Firefox and Windows Explorer 7 and all the Updates are latest to date.
    I had created only 2 accounts, 1st Administrator (for myself with password ) and 2nd Local User. Past few day whenever I switched on laptop and after putting in Admin password the profile it loaded was somewhat like guest or local user profile, I always switched OFF machine before this unknown profile was fully loaded. but after restarting machine the correct Admin Profile would load up and appear. Today when I switched on the machine it is not loading the Admin profile even after many restarts. it would only load up this Un-Known profile. I tried to Re-Store the System back few days but it would not give me an option date at all before today (3rd Nov.)
    I would like to recover the original Admin profile as I had many features set accordingly, and now I don't find any of the setting I created Not even the sites I had saved in Favourite. Please HELP. Thanks

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    That sounds harsh. What is the account it logs you into like? Does it show the same name as the Admin profile, does it have access to the folder for the admin profile, and does it have administrator permissions?

3. gfne

gfne

Right click on my computer, go to manage, find the event viewer, and find the system branch. Look for anything in red, post a few of them here. I'm guessing were going to find, unable to load the profile, but thats just a guess.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!