1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Administrator/User account

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jasnick, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasnick

jasnick Thread Starter

Have just got a new PC with Windows XP Pro. Spent all day setting it up and when I booted up this morning it was to a new screen etc. Discovered it booted as Administrator while all my settings etc are on a User account. Not sure how this happened - was it something I did and does it matter? I suppose I can set it to boot to User.

Have searched the archives and there is one showing how to change the accounts - should I do this or just leave things as they are? It is a single user computer

Thanks

2. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

thats easy.If you created 2 acounts by accident. Go to my computer click on controll panel go to user accounts there you can pick to either change a acount add acount change the way a user logs on or off.Hope that helps

3. jasnick

jasnick Thread Starter

Thanks lexmarks567 - no, not really - what I want to do is use all the settings etc of the User account for the Administrator account then delete the User account. I would like to delete the Administrator account then change the name of the User account to Administrator but I don't think this is possible.

4. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

No its not possible.I just checked.sinse your the owner or the only user on the computer your are the admin of that computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/513585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice