admonitor:popup ads

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kerry

Hi

These damn popups are driving me insane!
I'm running IE 5.01 and using a cable connection. I ran an adware scan, found C:/windows/cookies/pountney@admonitor(1).txt, deleted it, but it just keeps coming back even before I've visited any web sites. The only way I can block it is to run Norton Internet Securities. The problem is that some web sites that I use frequently won't function properly with the firewall enabled.
Any ideas or suggestions?

Kerry

Success!!!
I added Admonitor to the restricted site list under security settings and no more popups with the firewall disabled. I also found out if you visit the Doubleclick website there is a place where you can "opt out." Thanks for the help.

Great, it is a neat little trick; I'm almost motivated to upgrade from IE4.01 to use it :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online