1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ADMtek AN983 based ethernet adapter #2?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Leanna420, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leanna420

Leanna420 Thread Starter

Tryed to Install Aliant HiSpeed Internet disk after a reformat. Autoconfig from disk didnt work, called Aliant Tech Support, and we created a new connection with the connection wizard, but when we tryed to connect we incountered what the tech agent said was an "unknown error". Powercycled computer and modem, try again, error again. Went into Network Options, and the LAN was nowhere to be seen, just the HiSpeed that we had manually created. she told me to go look in the system, and into network drivers, and the ADMtek AN983 based ethernet adapter #2 (?) had an little i bubble by it. I tryed to use the wizard to fix it, but it asked for a disk to boot, which I have no idea what it meant, I dont remember installing it. SO, yet again, Im lost. :(

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

its looking for a driver i suspect - from device manager - if you right click and update driver what happens

3. Leanna420

Leanna420 Thread Starter

It wont let me, there is no internet connection and no disk.

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484823