1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adobe Acrobat 5.0

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Koondaddy, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I am filling out some forms and I was wondering if anyone knows how to import my signature into the form? I have it as a .JPG & I also made it a .PDF....to import it has to be an .FDF or xFDF file or a txt file. I had a friend scan in my signature and now it appears I can't import it to my documents......and help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Ok, I have been playing around with my Acrobate (boy do they swing high)....oh....I have created a digital signature....but I don't think that would be binding in official documents. You think?

I was able to the Configure Signature Appearance and selected imported graphic and it shows my real signature.....but when I go in my form and create my signature it is just typewritten with the adaobe symbol behind it.

Does anyone know anything about Adobe?

Thanks!

3. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I DID IT........YYYAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOO....:D

(y) :p

4. ctuna

ctuna

HOW?????

5. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Ok....I will tell you what I did....not sure if everything was necessary tho. I had a friend scan in my signature and I brought it into PSP (Paint Shop Pro) to cut out the white background. I figured that would only leave me the sig and nothing else...I don't believe that worked as it is still on a background....but who knows.

Ok, what I did in Acrobat was this:
    1. I went to TOOLS, SELF-SIGN SECURITY, LOGIN the I created a NEW PROFILE.
    You can follow those steps and hit SETTINGS and that is supposed to stay that way....
    2. Now you can go back to TOOLS and pick DIGITAL SIGNATURES and SIGN DOCUMENTS.
    You will create a text box....(drag a box area) and that will pop up another box. At this point, you can inter your info, but this is what you also need to do. Hit NEW and PDF FILE and you can BROWSE to your graphic....I had saved mine to a PDF file. You can pick what you want displayed.....do you have PDF995 where you can print & create PDF files? It's free online somewhere....

Anyway, that is basicall it.....let me know how it goes....play with that for awhile and hopefully it will work for ya.

Good luck!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice